When it comes to makeup Ive always been more of a "All or nothing" kinda girl. Partly because once I start I genuinely love to sit and do my makeup, I actually find it somewhat therapeutic and relaxing!
Therefore always end up looking quite "made up" to most peoples standards, I guess thats the makeup artist in me.
Now that I am 21 weeks pregnant getting over that half way mark has really been making me think lately about how my makeup routine will change when I have a baby relying on me 24/7
So I have really been taking the time to experiment lately and refine the amount of products and cut down time in order to achieve a simple yet quick makeup look that has me left still feeling like I look alive and have had 12 hours sleep.
One that I can count on making me look human and less homeless!
Note that this look is paired with a top knot because hello that only takes 30 seconds to do and gives an instant face lift ;)
Regardless of whether you are a time poor mum I think this makeup would suit any busy person that needs a quick and easy routine or perhaps someone who's looking for a good introduction to wearing light makeup
OR even a good hang over makeup...just shower, drink a few litres of water and a panadol!
These are the products that I have narrowed down and find work the best to achieve this look (Also the exact steps and order I take to put these on my face) it only takes me roughly 10 minutes!
1. NARS pure radiant tinted moisturiser - This is really beautiful and quite hydrating, Its gives a real skin like finish making it very un detectable for that no makeup look.
I think it stands up to the claim "Radiant" as its very brightening on my complexion, and anyone who is time poor could use a little radiance in their life right?
I like to use this on a synthetic buffing brush and really work it into the skin this should be the part that you really spend the most effort on, always start with less and add more if you feel you need it but also remembering what your tinted moisturiser won't cover your concealer will
2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - I have fallen in LOVE with this concealer recently! Its very creamy yet has a thin consistency making it easy to blend in and doesn't ever look heavy or caked under the eyes, but will instantly give you that "well slept" effect.
It has a decent coverage to it also, So anything my tinted moisturiser won't cover this is where this one does the job.
I use it under the eyes and on any blemishes I have too
I recommend using the real techniques setting brush for this or to save time I have been using my foundation brush
I use shade 10 Light
3. NYX Contour Kit - This palette is so versatile! I use the banana shade to set my concealer, the warmer bronze shades to give colour to my face and slightly define my cheek bones and also use the bronze and contour shades as eyeshadow!
Easy peasy to reach for one palette and have multiple uses for it.
You could use the shimmer shade in the palette as a highlight but Im a little fussy on highlighters so reach for the one below
4. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed Highlighter in Moonstone - I sweep this in all the usual spots on my face with a zoeva fan brush
Top of the Cheekbones, Forehead, Bridge of the nose, cupids bow, inner corner of my eyes and the brow bone.
This step is what I really makes you look alive healthy and absolutely glowing!
A step that no matter how much or little makeup I am wearing I just can't go without as I feel like it really perks up my face.
5. Benefit Gimme brow and Ready set brow - The ultimate duo for natural feathery brows that stay in place all day!
Brush the hairs upwards for a fuller fluffier look.
These have been my absolute staples for such a long time and not to mention how much time these two will save you not having to pencil or fill in the brows with shadow! (I also pictured my trusty tweezerman mini tweezers as I think plucking away a few strays when needed really adds to a more polished look)
6. YSL the shock Mascara - Now Im not usually one to ever recommend a high end mascara because I genuinely think that Maybelline and LOreal do some of the best mascaras out there! But I was sent this one and have been using it, Admittedly I do love it its very thickening and doesn't take too long to build up the volume which I think for this type of look thats exactly what you want, something that will do the job good and quick so you aren't spending ages layering up that mascara to get a nice effect. I love applying to top and bottom generously to give a more wide eyed and awake appearance
(Maybelline Lash sensational would be the perfect dupe for YSL the shock)
7. Not pictured but for the lips I will just throw on some paw paw or whatever chapstick is handy to me for a nice hydrated fresh look
Let me know your thoughts in the comments I would love to know if you found this helpful!