When it comes to your wedding day I'm telling you makeup all starts with the skin, Sure makeup can hide a lot, but I personally think your makeup will look its best applied to enhance your beautiful glowing skin.
Thus why it is important to get it looking and feeling in tip top shape, kind of important for your most photographed day right? ;)
If you were to ask me to pick a brand that reigned supreme in makeup and skincare I will always choose BOBBI BROWN, I love her approach to beauty and enhancing what you have rather than trying to mask or alter your look drastically.
It is with this mantra she has become the bridal queen when it comes to makeup and skin care prep as she's all about enhancing a woman's natural beauty, AMEN to that.
Regardless of your skin type, nourished and hydrated skin will always look the most youthful, radiant and healthy
I have hand picked my favourites from her range to talk you through a simple routine for morning and night
Night time Routine
1. Cleanse the day away with the Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil - This is a bit of a ritual for me, once you try an oil cleanser you will not go back to your regular foaming cleanser that typically will leave your skin feeling dry.
It’s not the most glamorous looking step as you take 1-2 pumps and massage onto dry skin over top of your makeup and work it all over face and eyes until you resemble a panda
Then to take a hot cloth and gently wipe away all traces of makeup, it’s very easy and the skin is left feeling soft and hydrated.
Sometimes when I have a lot of makeup on I will then double cleanse to make sure every single trace of makeup has gone, which is vital before going to bed.
2. Time to treat the skin with the famous Bobbi Brown Treatment Lotion - Think of this like super food for your skin.
If you have any skin sensitivies or dry areas this will really soothe that as it’s packed with nutrients and again on the hydrating theme it will really plump up the skin prepping it for the skincare to follow, it’s all about the layering!
3. Intensive skin supplement is such a hero product from Bobbi - This serum is the secret weapon of your routine as it will really help with fine lines, dullness, brightening and smoothing any texture in your skin.
A little really does go a long way with this so you only need a few drops on cheeks and forehead to spread around and don’t forget to bring your skincare down into your neck too, Many women forget about the neck!
4. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream - This product is like giving your under eye 3 litres of water before bed!
So creamy and plumping under the eyes which will help with looking more fresh and awake.
Also from the makeup perspective concealer will always apply and sit so much better on a more hydrated under eye!
5. Lock it all in place with the Bobbi brown Extra Face oil - the oil I cannot live without now! Applying this will further boost the hydration and really soften the skins surface.
My skin has never looked so glowy in the mornings after using this oil!
*My biggest tip for night time skin care is to apply it all at least an hour before bed, So your skin has time to soak it in rather than just giving your pillow the best treatment it’s ever had!*
(don’t forget a BIG glass of water when you wake up)
1. I will always start the morning with a hot cloth all over my face and neck area - have done this for years! Such a simple step but just feels incredible! You will really notice how glowy and hydrated your skin looks after the night time routine
2. Again with the Bobbi Brown Treatment lotion on a cotton pad swipe all over the skin and down the neck to put back into the skin all the goodness, probably by favourite thing about treatment lotion is being water based it’s not sticky or greasy therefore sits perfectly underneath makeup.
3. Follow up with the Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Nourishing Milk this is the perfect daily moisturiser as it is very lightweight yet still has the benefits of a treatment on the skin and keeps working throughout the day to protect and hydrate.
I also really like to take the time to massage this into the skin in the mornings as it really gets the blood flow going and wakes up the skin.
On makeup free days I’ll take a little bit of the extra face oil and tap onto the high points of my face for a natural glow and extra nourishment.
I can garuntee that this range will have you looking gorgeously glowing in no time at all!
I have seen such beautiful results with Bobbi products and will continue to use them to keep my skin looking it’s absolute best!