Working from home
Welcome to my Office!
I recently gave my office an over haul which makes it a little more enjoyable sitting down spending time in here working away whether it be doing emails, admin or blogging.
A lot of you may not know but as well as working for myself being a full time freelance Hair and Makeup artist, I also work for my Fiancé Josh's corporate signage installation company as the accounts manager.
I take care of paying his staff wages, GST, PAYE and all client emails.
Dealing with signage admin is not quite as glamorous as my business but we work as a team and I love being able to help him out, It fits into my schedule perfectly as I can do it all from home #suchagoodwifey
Any of you that work from home will be able to relate that at times it can be a little lonely and un-motivating. So I have a few tips to help make things a little easier and more productive! (Other than coffee!)
- I am a huge list maker! I write a list of things to do almost everyday - I am much more likely to get shit done having a list at hand to tick off.
- Working out. This is what gets me up and out of bed in the mornings and recently I have been on a bit of a quest to get fit and healthy so I try and get to the gym 4-5 times a week.
Going in the morning always sets me up for a great day and gets me in a really good head space. Ive noticed I cope with stress much better, sleeping well and over all I have noticed a huge difference in feeling positive!
- Having a pet! My cat Bobbi is the best company and makes me feel like I am never alone at home. I realise Im probably falling into the crazy cat lady territory by saying that but they really are such great company! (Cat ladies can all agree)
- Music. Always makes my day more enjoyable and go a lot quicker. I love working away and singing along to whatever I'm listening to, God forbid anybody ever secretly recorded me haha!
- Make time to be social! I am in my third year living in Auckland now (moved here from Mount Maunganui) The first two years I found it really hard as I didn't have very many friends up here and also working in a job with no work mates makes its even harder to meet people!
I have to say through social media and blogging opportunities in the last year I have made some amazing new like minded friends and being able to have friend dates means I don't just spend all my time hanging out with Josh now haha.
Working from home can make you feel a little crazy sometimes... There are times when josh gets home I chew his ear off because I haven't talked to anyone all day!
Lucky for me I get such variety in my job that Im not at home 24/7
Talking about what I love and adore most about my job - Being able to see my beautiful clients from home really is a pretty special thing!
Most of the time I offer my services mobile, meaning I can come to your house, hotel room, or any destination you are based at.
I feel fortunate that I am in a position where my home can accommodate a little beauty studio, Even just simple things like burning a nice candle or fresh flowers adds a personal touch!
I am Based in Birkenhead North Shore which is only a short ten minute drive over the bridge from the city. Making it accessible for clients that perhaps aren't from Auckland or if you are visiting for a special event.
If you know me well enough I am a little OCD and take huge pride in being organised which always reflects in my set up!
I hope you enjoyed this post! I loved sharing a little more about working from home
I blog from home as a hobby but I primarily work in a hospital. Your tips are quite applicable to the every day person. List making is so handy in everyday life. And I agree on the pets! They make such a huge difference when they're not making a mess. :)
16/9/2016 05:02:16 pm
Im so glad you found it helpful! and yes they can make a right mess at times haha! I will check out your blog, Thanks for stopping by fionaclarebeauty xx
Leave a Reply.
Freelance hairstylist, Makeup Artist and beauty blogger based in Auckland. New zealand